Saturday, May 28, 2011

English with an American Corporate Accent - 022

This is another collection from recent meetings and trips. It works best if you can find a native English speaker with exposure to corporate America to elaborate on the finer points that I cannot cover well here.

* I'll have something else at 3 pm Mountain. [I'll have something else at 3 pm Mountain time.]
* With this piece of information, we can be off and running. [With this piece of information, we can start now.]
* I think we have everything we need now; we should not have any more feature creeps now. [I think we have everything we need now; we should not have any more unexpected features getting added.]
* I'm all ears for alternatives. [I am willing to listen for alternatives.]
* I am in the thick of it. I might not see the upper level of things. [I am deeply in the middle of it. I might not see the larger picture.]
* My presentation has enough meat in it now. I need to fill in the value and gap sections. [My presentation has enough content and details in it now. I need to fill in sections on value propositions and perceived gaps.]
* If we don't watch this carefully, this is going to spin out of control. [If we don't watch this carefully, this is going to get out of control.]
* I am thinking out loud with everyone on the phone. [I am offering my thoughts on the spot with everyone on the phone.]
* The issues boil down to whether we should support that feature or not. [The issues can be summarized simply as to whether we should support that feature or not.]
* My apology for being dense about this specific issue here. I feel strongly about it. [My apology for being stubborn about this specific issue here. I feel strongly about it.]
* Chris' line of questioning is appropriate for the situation. [Chris' line of reasoning and questions is appropriate for the situation.]
* If you want good out-of-box experience for the customers, we need to address this issue carefully. [If you want good first impressions from the customers, we need to address this issue carefully.]

No comments: